Chicago Filmmakers seeks a qualified professional for the position of Programs Manager. This is a full-time, salaried position, available immediately. Chicago Filmmakers is a 43 year-old not-for-profit media arts organization, serving the community through programs in exhibition, education, film funding, and filmmaker services. The Programs Manager is responsible for Chicago Filmmakers’ classes, screenings, and filmmaker services, including developing, planning, implementing, and ensuring the success of these programs. The Programs Manager will join Chicago Filmmakers at an exciting time as the organization relocates into a newly renovated historic firehouse in the Edgewater neighborhood of Chicago.
Position: Programs Manager
Status/Benefits: Full-time salaried position, including medical insurance, paid vacation, and sick time.
Reports to: Executive Director
The Programs Manager is responsible for the development, planning, and implementation of Chicago Filmmakers’ core year-round programs - education, screenings, and filmmaker services - as well as seasonal tasks in relation to CF’s production fund and two annual film festivals.
• Educational Program: Develop curricula; schedule and manage classes and summer camps; recruit, hire, and evaluate instructors; provide technical and logistical support for instructors; oversee class registration processes; and field public inquiries.
• Filmmaker Services: Oversee existing services to CF members and develop new services, benefits, and resources. Manage equipment rentals and fiscal sponsorship services; oversee membership processes; plan and implement seminars and panels; and organize and run filmmaker meet-up events. The Programs Manager also coordinates the Chicago Digital Media Production Fund, a grants program for filmmakers, including coordinating the grants award process, tracking grantee progress, and arranging screenings of funded work.
• Screening Series and Film Festivals: Co-curate weekly screening series, along with outside curators; book and schedule films and videos; and manage and introduce shows. Working with Reeling and Onion City Film Festival curators, coordinate the entry process, handle filmmaker and distributor correspondence, and oversee coordination of print traffic and filmmaker travel.
In addition, the Programs Manager will work closely with the Marketing Manager to promote classes and screenings and will maintain contacts with film critics and the media. Additional responsibilities will include recruiting and supervising interns who will assist in the above tasks; maintaining records, databases, and statistics related to programs and preparing program reports; representing CF at local events and in the filmmaking community; and other duties that may be assigned as needed.
• B.A. or advanced degree in film, education, or other relevant field
• Proven record of excellence and achievement in film exhibitions, film festivals, film education, film production, or related areas
• Working knowledge of film and digital video equipment
• Strong knowledge of the independent film industry, preferably with already established relationships with filmmakers, film distributors, or the local film community
• Must be flexible and willing to work weeknights and weekends as needed
• Excellent project coordination, time management, and organizational skills with the ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects
• Must be a self-starter – proactive and driven to achieve, with a strong work ethic, a high level of motivation, and a strong sense of urgency when needed
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently, but equally able to work collaboratively and to accept supervision
* A keen entrepreneurial drive toward program growth and innovation
• Attention to detail and concern for accuracy
• Excellent written skills
• Ability to troubleshoot, to achieve conflict resolution, and to work calmly under pressure
• A creative thinker who is resourceful in solving problems
• Ability to lift 40 lbs. and to sit or stand at a computer for long periods of time
• Mac proficient with knowledge of MS Office software
TO APPLY: Email resume and cover letter (as pdf documents only) to email@example.com. No phone calls, please!
Chicago Filmmakers is an equal opportunity employer.